Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tao's Center



As a energy building exercise we went to a Tao Center for a Philosophy class. We practiced building our energy and balancing it throughout our body and then went out to a 15 minute meditation. I love the lecture and session so much that decided to go back this morning with one of my professors. We began with a 30 minute silent meditation and then had an hour Tai Chi and energy building lesson. It was so relaxing and stress relieving. It was really what I need especially with my high levels of anxiety lately. Before meditation started I sat on my pillow and watched our Yogi instructor due Tai Chi dancing... it was beautiful. It gave me goosebumps to watch him. He was so into it. Just imagine, a 60 year old man flowing across the floor with a bamboo stick in his hand and moving to Asian Kabuki music. It was stunning. Lynn, the Yogi, is so great! He has a way of talking that is so attractive and encouraging. While teaching us he tells us, "keep your head up, I've already found the money on the floor." He talks about how important it is to balance your energy and not to strain it or build it up in only one part of your body. He says you have to find the place that holds that negative energy, because if you can't find it, you can't let it go.
Needless to say, I bought a pass for the month and will be doing yoga, thai chi, pilates, energy, mind, and body exercise, along with meditation. I'm really excited, I hope it makes my anxiety subside!

Here are some pictures of Tao's, it's such a tranquil place set in the mountains looking over the see. And the rooms are so calming as well and are filled with the smell of incents and little with warm lights and candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment