Sunday, May 8, 2011

Santorini





I would have to say that Santorini was one of the best places I have visited since I've been in Greece! It was completely different compared to Paros and the other islands. All the towns were built on top of the cliffs and into the rocks. It was so incredibly beautiful. The only downfall was that in order to get to the villages you had to walk up steps... 250 steps, to be exact, and they were all on an incline. My calves are killing me now!!!! I look like an old lady when I walk. haha The walk was totally worth it though! We went to the city where they filmed "Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants" and saw a bunch of places where the movie was filmed, like where Lena falls in the water and Costas saves her, and where she jumps into the water by the church. It was pretty cool. Once we got to the village we stayed until dusk to watch the famous "million dollar sunset." It was incredible! I don't think I've seen a sunset like it!
While in Santorini, we also went on a boat tour around the island. During the tour stops we hiked a volcano, swam in the ocean where the water was 75 degrees (because of the volcano), and ate at an amazing authentic restaurant. I had fried fish and Calamari with rice. So delicious!!!!
Our last day in Santorini we went to one of the famous colored beaches. Santorini has golden, red, and black sand beaches... we went to the black sand one. It was so nice out-- we laid under cabanas at a beach side bar and had cocktails for a few hours. I wish I could go back, Santorini was AMAZING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment