Monday, April 25, 2011

EASTER!!!!! Christos Anesti

Okay, so I wish I could post the video that I took of Easter Saturday but my camera won't download. :( So, I'm going to post some similar videos from youtube of what my Easter was like. :)
First everybody goes to the church as midnight and we all stand outside to where the priest eventually walks out. While we're waiting there are big firecrackers/fireworks going of right next to us. Once the ceremony starts people start lighting candles, so we all have one. The priest comes to a podium outside and talks for about 10 minutes and then they light a huge flame on top of the church and EVERYONE freaks out! They started throwing fireworks in the middle of the circle (of course no one was standing there), it was like a war was going on. It was so insanely awesome!!!!!! It was by far the best Easter mass I had ever been to! The fireworks continued through the whole night!
After mass, we all headed to the bar where my friends and I met this band. They're parents owned a resort on the island and we all went there for a beach party! It was such a gorgeous place. The beach went on for miles and and the sky was so clear, the stars were beautiful and it was so great how the moon reflected off the sea. Such a great night!!!!

Enjoy the Videos :)





No comments:

Post a Comment