Sunday, March 6, 2011

Paros Island



It has already been quite the adventure and it hasn't even been a week that I've been here. Yesterday we took a bus tour of the whole island. We saw an old castle that still somewhat remained. It was pretty neat, it was just in the middle of the water in a little cove. While I was taking pictures of the water a dolphin swam into the cove which was really cool. All the pictures I'll be posting today are just from around the island and the different towns.
Oh I feel that there's one thing I have to mention! I'm not really a picky eater but the food here is very difficult to tolerate. The Greek salads and gyros are delicious but I still have yet to get use to the other dishes. Two nights ago I ordered fried shrimp... it was fried with it's shell on along with the tail and head [eyes and all]! When myself and my friend didn't eat the shells or most of the shrimp, the owner got really offended and then brought our table free dessert. THE DESSERT was like eating tiny caviar... The owner was not too happy to see we didn't finish our dessert as well.
Aside from the food, the nightlife here is quite alright. Last night we went out for Mardi Gras just sat around and had some drinks, most of which were free and on the house from the owner. We also have a bodyguard who knows almost everyone on the island and he continued to get us free drinks as well! It was quite the night. OH and then we went to this cafe after for gyros and the guy there gave us free wine and he kept calling me his Redbull and energy because I was from Michigan and "he LOVES Michigan!" Lol
I guess you could say I'm having quite the interesting time here!
Okay so it

No comments:

Post a Comment